Make your advertising really count by reading these 10 top tips for advertising
on traffic sites.
They will help your advertising be more successful, particularly in traffic sites.
Ten Top Tips For Advertising
Here are some great tips for making the most out of your advertising. They are particularly
useful if you are using traffic exchanges to advertise on.
You can find some top tools to help you implement these tips by clicking here.
1) Use a splash page – If you want your sites to stand out you need to use a splash
page. A splash page is simply an attention grabbing webpage which quickly explains
what your site is about and why people should join. A squeeze page is similar, but
it contains a sign up form so people can opt in and join you list. These should also
be clear, simple and eye catching.
2) Brand yourself – Try to use your name and the same logo or, better yet, a nice
picture of yourself, on every splash page. People will get to know you and, if they
like what you’ve been advertising in the past, they are much more likely to act upon
your splash page. Make sure you don’t get a bad reputation though, so be careful
what you do advertise.
3) Have a clear “Call to action” -Tell people what to do! A simple “Click Here”
or “Sign up Below” can make a world of difference. Try to have the call to action
above the scroll line on the page.
4) Use a site rotator – A site rotator is simply a way of showing lots of sites with
one web address. You add the sites you want to advertise to the rotator and they
take it in turns to show. This means you can manage your adverts all in one place
as any changes you make to the rotator are seen wherever you use the rotator. If
you’re a member of several traffic exchanges, this can save you a lot of time!
5) Keep track of your ads– Knowing which of your ads are working and which aren’t
means you can focus your time, effort and money on ads you know will get you results.
By tracking your ads, particularly the click through rate (CTR) you will know which
ads to keep and which to scrap.
6) Build your list – Start building a list of people you can advertise to later on.
Use a squeeze page to collect their details and add them to your mailing list. This
way, if you want to advertise a new product or site, you have a large database of
people to advertise too! You’ll need some good bait to get people to join your list,
such as offering them a free e-book or free advertising. Never SPAM your list, treat
the members with respect and always give them the option of contacting you if they
have any questions.
7) Make use of banner and text ads– A lot of sites give you banner and text ad impressions,
usually as prizes for surfing. Though banner and text ads are usually not as effective
as splash pages, they can help you brand yourself and get the name of your site more
well know. Don’t just let your impressions sit there, make use of them!
8) Don’t advertise too many sites – People usually need to see your site a number
of times before they will act upon it. If you advertise too many sites, that’s not
going to happen and you’re just watering down your efforts.
9) Be careful how you assign your credits - Don’t assign your credits willy-nilly.
Store them up and use a lot at once, or surf every day on the same exchanges and
keep your sites constantly active. Remember, people usually need to see your ad several
times before they do anything! It’s also good to keep a reserve supply of credits
for when you need to advertise something quickly, like a new site that has just launched.
10) Try a downline builder– With a downline builder you can potentially get referrals
in many sites, by just advertising one program. This makes advertising much easier
and more rewarding.
For more details on these top tips and for some great tutorials on advertising and
list building, please join my mailing list.